CEO of Intermark Group
Jake McKenzie shapes brands by using persuasive psychology to determine how people really think, feel and act. This approach gives our work an extraordinary advantage that challenges the traditional definition of “insights,” which are often mere observations. Intermark Group welcomes opportunities for the CEO to visit and share its unique perspective.
Request a Booking
“I want to tell you about the significant impact you had on CQIN Summer Institute team discussions. I am hearing you are now being quoted in many college leadership conversations and your key points are being integrated into many strategic planning meetings. Results on our participants feedback form show you had the highest rating for speakers’ presentations.”
Laura Helminski, CQIN Summer Institute Program
We know what you’re thinking. No really. Intermark takes a truly unique approach to strategic planning. With the help of our in-house Ph.D., we leverage psychological theory and insights at each stage of the decision process. This requires an expansive lens on consumer engagement as well as an evolved perspective surrounding the role of brands.
For example, what is the safest car?
Volvo is likely one of your first thoughts in response to this question, but the truth is that Volvo has not been ranked number one in safety for nearly two decades. So why did you immediately associate safety with this brand?
We invite your audience to take a journey down the winding road of the human psyche. Let’s explore the normative irrationality that drives each of us to make brand decisions every day.
Past Speaking Experience:
- Discover 2015 Conference – Atlanta
- Southern Living Marketing Conference – Nashville
- Digital Dealer Conference – Orlando
- Kiwanis Club – Birmingham
About Intermark Group
Intermark Group shapes brand success by applying persuasive psychology to group imagination. We unite media, digital analytics, PR, mobile, social, promotion, event marketing, CRM, in-house production and interactive to shape brands for the modern marketplace. We create through the lens of psychological influence. It's the underpinning behind all our work.
Chief Executive Officer | 2009 - Present
Jake leads Intermark’s business and strategic vision for applying psychology to creative branding.
Chief Operating Officer | 2005 - 2009
Oversaw operations for the agencies six divisions.
President | 2003 - 2005
Led turnaround of Intermark’s in-house production and post-production facility.
President | 2000 - 2004
Directed one of the largest digital advertising divisions in the southeast.
BIRMINGHAM SOUTHERN COLLEGE
Master of Arts (M.A.) | 1997
Public and Private Management
VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY | 1993
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
Psychology and Political Science
About The CEO:
- Hired agency's first Ph.D. in psychology to facilitate applied psychology advertising methods
- Launched agency's first interactive department; it's now one of the most successful in the country
- Led agency's video production division, Vazda Studios
- Built agency's competitive internship program
- Received Birmingham's Top 40 Under 40 Award, youngest to ever win the award
- Applied psychology/creative psychology in advertising
- Speaker, columnist, The Adcouch podcast host
- Market expertise: automotive, retail, banking/finance, healthcare, tourism, CPG, bio-tech, B2B, B2C
- Leadership expertise: strategic planning, Leadership Intermark
- Agency background: interactive, video production, marketing, account management